How To Apply
1. What is the submission deadline for applications for the Center research fellowship?
The due date for applications is January 15, 2016 by 5pm ET.
2. What must be included in a complete online application?
Interested applicants are required to submit their applications with the following components through our web application system. The application is now available.
- Cover letter which includes the applicant’s contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number(s), email address) and information about their graduate institution.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) providing information about educational background, publications, presentations, and any professional or public policy experience related to the work of the Center (4 page maximum).
- A personal statement (up to two pages) that includes 1) the applicant’s interest in and what they hope to learn from the fellowship experience and 2) why they are interested in research concerning Hispanic children and families.
- Official or unofficial transcript from current or most recent academic institution.
- Two letters of recommendation that specifically address the applicant’s educational background, training, and research experience(s) and interests relevant to the work of the Center.
The first four items (cover letter, CV, personal statement, and transcript) must be combined into one .pdf document to be uploaded to the system. Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly to to email@example.com (Attn: Hispanic Center). Incomplete applications, including those without letters of recommendation, will not be considered. If you have any issues with the submission process, please email the combined .pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position in the subject line. No phone calls please.
3. How should I contact the Center?
If you have any questions please contact Maria Ramos-Olazagasti at Child Trends (email@example.com). No phone calls please.
4. When will applicants be notified about the status of their application and candidacy for an interview?
Applicants will be notified about the status of their application by mid-February 2016.