In addition to our Research Scholars Program and our mentoring and networking events, we provide virtual resources and activities to support emerging scholars. You can also connect with us on Twitter and join colleagues in conversations about research on Hispanic children and families. Additionally, sign up for the Jobs, Funding, and Opportunities alert to get information on new funding and job opportunities.
Career and professional development
The following webinars help emerging scholars in planning and achieving their career goals.
Research resources and data tools
Webinars on Data and Methodology
The following presentations offer guidance on the use and presentation of data.
- Data Visualization Training (Sept. 2019)
- The State of the Data on Hispanic Children and Families (Sept. 2018)
- Finding and Exploring Existing Large-Scale Data to Study Early Care and Education among Hispanics
- Income Instability Data Training (Feb. 2016)
The following data tools help researchers scan what kinds of information are available within different data sets.
- Unpacking Hispanic Diversity
- Measuring Hispanic Families and Households
- Early Care and Education Search and Decision-Making
- Utilization of Early Care and Education
The following publications can provide additional reflections for emerging scholars.