We host mentoring and networking events for emerging scholars at professional association meetings and conferences including:
- The National Research Conference on Early Childhood (NRCEC)
- The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) Annual Conference
- The Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) Biennial Meeting
- The Population Association of America (PAA) Annual Meeting
- The Child Care and Early Education Policy Research Consortium (CCEEPRC) Annual Meeting
These events have generated discussion between emerging scholars and mentors on shared research interests and ideas for collaboration, and provided professional development advice, such as how to apply for graduate school, enter the job market, or pursue a research agenda. The events have also helped to strengthen partnering organizations by highlighting the importance of nurturing researchers who study Hispanics.
For additional information on mentoring and networking events, contact us at info@HispanicResearchCenter.org
Upcoming Mentoring and Networking Events
PAA Pre-Conference Virtual Mentoring/Networking Event
The National Research Center on Hispanic Children & Families and the Population Association of America (PAA) will host a free pre-conference Hispanic Research Virtual Mentoring Event in advance of the 2021 PAA Conference. The event is designed to facilitate relationships between mentees (students & new professionals) and mentors (leaders in the field) studying Hispanics and/or racial and ethnic equity.
The event will be held on April 27, 2021 at 12pm ET. For more information and to register for the event, click here.